geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [RTC] - Fix top pom to reference right plugin
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:04:19 GMT
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>> FYI, we should be using ${pom.version} anywhere the project
>> version is
>> needed.  No need for a custom property.
>
> I think its by coincidence that we have 1.2-SNAPSHOT for both the
> plugin
> and the G codebase...if its not coincidence, then it shouldn't be.
> IMHO, the plugin should be versioned differently. In fact...I may even
> go as far as to say, the packaging plugin can be useful outside of
> geronimo itself (people building their own packages, etc) and probably
> should be in its own tree or even be a mojo.  I am personally against
> locking the G verison to the plugin version...I would like to see them
> seperated.

All modules that are part of the build should share the same version
to simply the release process and make effective use of the m2
release plugin.

I agree that the plugins should probably be moved to their own
project and have independent versioning... and we will get there, but
right now the easiest/best thing to do is to use the same version for
all modules.

--jason