geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <>
Subject Re: [longish]
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:36:51 GMT
On Jun 12, 2006, at 1:16 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Yeah, SandBox was the most representative name I could come up with
> at that time, not necessarily the best ;-)
> I would prefer to keep the geronimo space as a the router to all
> our content. In fact I created that space as a consequence of not
> being able to create a TOC (consolidating all entries) outside
> confluence.
> I'll be happy to migrate the SandBox space to any other name we may
> want. However, I would say that if we use the geronimo space to add/
> develop content we will end up loosing the organization we are
> trying to achieve. I think we should have a separated space
> (SandBox), maybe with a more appealing name, to hold "everything
> else". Thoughts?

I see your concerns and share them, but don't see how having a space
amounting to "uncategorized" eliminates disorganization.  I just see
it being confusing as most people's first inclination will be to
document general Geronimo stuff that's not version specific in the

It's also pretty trivial to move documents.

> Cheers!
> Hernan
> David Blevins wrote:
>> Hi Hernan,
>> All looks pretty great.  One comment below.
>> On Jun 7, 2006, at 2:29 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>>> The last section should hold "everything else", this section
>>> will  be a good place to put the historical and/or still valid
>>> data from  the old wiki that does not fit in any of the other
>>> spaces.
>>> 1. Apache Geronimo v1.0
>>>        Apache Geronimo v1.0 - User's Guide
>>>        Apache Geronimo v1.0 - Developer's Guide
>>> 2. Apache Geronimo v1.1
>>>        Apache Geronimo v1.1 - User's Guide
>>> 3. Apache Geronimo Project Management
>>>        Apache Geronimo Development Process
>>>        Apache Geronimo Development Status
>>> 4. Apache Geronimo SandBox
>>> Not sure if this organization calls for a vote but is pretty
>>> close  to what we have been discussing from the beginning for
>>> organizing  the documentation.
>> Not a big fan of a SandBox space (GMOxSBOX) and would prefer just
>> use  the GERONIMO space for "everything else."
>> -David

View raw message