geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tracking progress of merging dead-1.2 branch into trunk
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:03:52 GMT

On Jun 5, 2006, at 9:42 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

>> You can see what you (or someone else :-) did in dead-1.2 with e.g.
>>
>> grep djencks all_changes.log
>>
>> I think there are 329 changes (I did about 43).
>>
>> I propose that as we merge, verify the changes have already been
>> merged, or decide they are obsolete we change the start of the line
>> to "Merged"
>>
>> Comments?
>
> No comments so far, but I guess it can only mean we're all so happy
> with your proposal we can't speak/write anything ;) It does help me
> and am going to use/review it. Thanks!
>
> Do you think it's worth to apply the m2 patches given the
> revolutionary approach taken in 1.1? I'd appreciate Anita's and
> Prasad's comment on it.

My understanding is that the patches I've been applying from
GERONIMO-2071 are the port of the m2 work done previously on
dead-1.2, so this effort is already well underway.  After I went
through the work I did personally in dead-1.2 I was planning to go
through again and mark the dead-1.2 m2 work merged.   Is this OK with
everyone?

thanks
david jencks