geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: openejb publishing restored (was Re: M2 Issues and Actions - svn:externals workaround)
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:27:31 GMT
> It's very good, but it doesn't help with my desire to be able to
> build g + all the stuff that depends on g that goes into g in one
> step.  since this isn't possible right now entirely in m2 anyway
> due to the plugin issues I think I'll have to be satisfied with a
> script that runs m2 in several places.

Thats gotta be one crazy script... commons-lang, log4j, openejb,
tranql, specs, commons-cli, commons-lang, commons-collections, howl,
derby, <way to many more to list>.

I don't think that it is feasible to even attempt a system that will
build everything in one swoop.

Anyways, I know that is not what you meant.

I think we can provide support for building a bunch of stuff at once
for peeps like you who want that, but I do not believe that should be
the default that everyone needs to use to get a functional server.

David, once m2 is functional I can help to make a build that will get
you want you want while keeping the default build relatively simplified.

--jason