geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: M2 Issues and Actions
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:56:36 GMT
I also think we need another pre-stage that will build a few tiny
extensions used by the other stages.  Specifically a test-config
module that sets up a common that is used by all
tests.  When we get a site build running then we also will need
something similar for clover and checkstyle and other plugins.

NOTE: This can be a pre-stage or can be the start of the separate
build-support (or whatever we call it) tree, which will contain the
standalone plugins and other modules that our builds need to function.

> So, my proposed build procedure:
> build modules + plugins
> go somewhere else and build openejb
> build apps + configs + assemblies
> The proposal of using snapshots of openejb from a repo prevents you
> from doing a clean build and finding out that in fact you created a
> problem in either openejb or configs/assembly.
> This 3 step process will prevent us from interspersing the modules
> and configs builds which might be highly desirable to make our
> dependency tracking the same as the maven dependency tracking.
> Cant get everything :-(
> thanks
> david jencks
>> --jason