geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Life After 1.1 - starting the new branch for 1.1.1 - some logistics and your input requested.
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:18:31 GMT
> Hi Jason,
>
> I agree that we should avoid branching.  But I do agree with the 1.1.1
> branch.  It's a dead-end branch in that it's only used to prepare he
> release.  Applying last minute fixes and changing version numbers.
> Since it's a dead-end branch, once the release if approved
> moving/deleting it makes sense.

I would make those changes on the 1.1 branch (or trunk if we were
using that codebase), then release and let Maven make the tag and
then update the versions to the next SNAP.

When moving to m2 we really need to follow the m2 release system,
else the number of changes to poms is going to get out of control and
will be very error prone.

--jason