geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build using m2
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 21:24:36 GMT
> OK, so lets be clear, we have no dependency from modules on plugins,

In m2-speak every project that has children, those sub-projects are
called modules.

More reason to move to m2 sooner rather than later, so we can do away
with the modules/ directory, which is an artifact of the original m1
build structure.  It needs to be removed.

> the problem is that maven 2 is really even more broken with plugin
> support than even maven 1.  Has anyone discussed this problem with
> them? is there a maven jira?

I do not believe that the m2 plugin system is broken.

I think that they way that plugins were put together for m1 was
broken and that is what should be fixed.

--jason