geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Please try out the upgrade jar
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 04:01:28 GMT

On Jun 1, 2006, at 7:56 PM, Song Scorpio wrote:

> I just tried the new upgrade.jar within server runtime, context-
> priority-classloader element is gone. But there's still no
> datasource dependency, which will cause failure of application
> deployment..

Do you think the upgrade tool should insert comments into every plan
about likely problems such as this one about datasources?  Since it's
possible to resolve a resource-ref without a plan entry if the
resource-ref uses the same name as the datasource plan, we'd have to
look at the j2ee deployment descriptors to be sure whether or not a
jndi ref was present.   Looking into dds is beyond what I think the
upgrade tool should be doing.  However, adding comments always would
be pretty easy to do, I didn't think to do it however.

thanks
david jencks