geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geronimo services/plugins tools
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:53:10 GMT
Thanks for your input Paul..

On Jun 26, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> If you haven't already you might want to look at the plugin export
> screen in the admin console.  A similar screen for collecting the
> various user inputs could be provided in an eclipse based wizard.

Yes, definitely.  There may be ways around, but as mentioned before
would love for the APIs to be more flexible to work directly with the
eclipse project structure.  Will need to discuss this more in-depth
with Aaron.

> It would also be nice if a wizard could generate the static block of a
> gbean where the GBeanInfoBuilder is created:

Yes, this is what I was thinking and possibly being able to
automatically promote/synchronize attributes/elements you add to your
plan with entries in this static block.

>    static {
>        GBeanInfoBuilder infoFactory =
> GBeanInfoBuilder.createStatic(MyGBean.class);
>        GBEAN_INFO = infoFactory.getBeanInfo();
>    }
>
>    public static GBeanInfo getGBeanInfo() {
>        return GBEAN_INFO;
>    }
>

> Paul
>
> On 6/24/06, Sachin Patel <sppatel2@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So for next release, I was thinking about working on some
>> enhancements to the eclipse-plugin to provide some g-plugin/services
>> creation tools & wizards that could do some basic things like
>> automatic codegeneration to provide stubbed out classes/methods.  Do
>> people see any value in this? Are there a set of common things that
>> we could auto generate for users? If so what?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -sachin

-sachin