geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft Press Release Announcing Geronimo 1.1
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:58:12 GMT
On 6/14/06, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:

> > Apache Geronimo Version 1.1, a completely open source, high performance application
server from the
> > Apache community.
>
> I hope it's not too late to respond and be counted. When I first read
> the above sentence the word 'completely' in front of 'open source'
> struck me. What does it mean? Are we about to create yet another 'open
> source' acronym? Does OSS mean nothing and COSS is the only real open
> source?

FWIW, IMO, there's a very big difference between *open* source and
*available* source. The difference is usually determined by the focus
on the company vs. a focus on the community. But I could go either way
on the use of the word 'completely'.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/