geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Frustrations of a Release Manager
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:59:41 GMT

> There is no obligation for you to consult me to take the Directory
> integration, re-package it, and place it on geronimoplugins.com.  But
> out of basic respect, opening up the discussion of others on the idea,
> and then yes, as your friend, and colleague, asking me how I felt about
> taking the package and placing it on gp.com (which I did write and spend
> my time putting together), probably would have been most appropriate.
> It is kind of demoralizing for me to see the work that I did, end up on
> the geronoimplugins site w/o discussion from a colleague of mine.  I
> hope that makes sense...

Some code that you wrote and licensed using the Apache License got
reused and you find it demoralizing? This is completely in the letter
and the spirit of the Apace License. How is such reuse demoralizing?
Not only is this legal, it's encouraged. Please help me understand
this sentiment.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/