geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1 Release -- known issues
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:06:32 GMT

>>> All but this last one seem documentable and livable till 1.1.1 comes
>>> out.  Does this last one mean that you can't get a DB connection
>>> from
>>> a pool, or just that your logs will fill up with that message?
>>
>> I don't know -- it was reported to the mailing list but I don't know
>> what causes it or how often it happens.  We may want to diagnose it
>> before making the decision on 1.1.
>
> My understanding is that it turned out to be caused by an OOM error
> and was fixed by starting geronimo with more memory.  Certainly
> since daytrader works we have some evidence that some db pools can
> be used :-)

That's correct. The user reported that w/ an increased heap size,
they didn't encounter any problems. An uncaught RuntimeException/
Error thrown by a TimerTask will cause a Timer to be cancelled. We
should try to report these runtime errors. I think all of this
information has been recorded in the Jira for this issue...

--kevan