geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Life After 1.1 - starting the new branch for 1.1.1 - some logistics and your input requested.
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:03:16 GMT
+1 To Jason's comments with Hiram's comments...

I think we should do all development of 1.1.x in branches/1.1 (with
version 1.1.N-SNAPSHOT).  But at the time we code freeze for a
release, I think we should svn copy branches/1.1 to branches/1.1.N and
finalize the version numbers there (to version 1.1.N) and make any
last-minute tweaks there and update branches/1.1 to version number
1.1.(N+1)-SNAPSHOT.  When we have a candidate for the release, then we
can svn copy branches/1.1.N to tags/1.1.N and build the release from
the tag.

Thanks,
   Aaron