geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Updated 1.1 Release Binaries
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 03:03:23 GMT
I assume we should all try out these new binaries and then hold a new
vote?  I hope we can get TCK result on the new binaries soon too --
I'm not sure we should be counting votes until the TCK results are in.

I'm in the process of pushing a set of 1.1 plugins and dependencies to
the plugin repository, so those should show up later tonight.  (Based
on the 1.1.0 branch, since it doesn't seem like we've recreated the
1.1.0 tag yet.)

Another question -- once we vote in the final release, what's the
procedure for getting the Geronimo files into the Maven 1 and Maven 2
repositories (e.g. on ibiblio)?  I assume we want to make sure the
exact files use to construct the official release are pushed to the
repository?  It doesn't seem so straightforward since the CAR files at
least are not included in the distribution (I guess we'd want to get
them from the local Maven repo of the machine that did the build).

Thanks,
     Aaron

> I've updated the release with two items.
>
> 1. Moved tags/1.1.0 to branches/1.1.0 to address issues raised.  (svn 414978)
> 2. I corrected the discrepancy about Tomcat logging pointed out by Paul.  (svn 415233)
> 3. Updated the Release-Notes with the "known issues" (svn 414978)
> 4. Updated incorrect documentation links in the console (svn 414996)
>
> No other changes were made to the 1.1.0 branch.  I have rebuilt the server and provided
updated
> links to them below.
>
> *DayTrader Application*
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader-ear-1.1-final2.ear
>
> I'm working on a website and documentation to help folks out but the deliverable is the
ear above.

> *Geronimo 1.1 Version*
>
>     *Source*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final2_src.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final2_src.zip
>
>     *Full J2EE Jetty Version*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final2.zip
>
>     *Minimal Jetty Version*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final2.zip
>
>     *Full Tomcat Version*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final2.zip
>
>     *Minimal Tomcat Version*
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final2.zip
>

> *Geronimo 1.1 Spec Jars*
>     http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs-1.1-final2.tar.gz
>     http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs-1.1-final2.zip
>
> I believe the above jars represent the only issues that would be considered a stop ship.
 To date