geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Do we need a Plugin Repo at the ASF ?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:43:30 GMT
> +1 and perhaps even figure out what the url would be for the default
> asf site.  Even if the site is not up and we are giving back 404's.
> That way in the future *IF* we do decide to put up and maintain a
> plugin site, our old Geronimo releases would be able to tap into them.

No need.  The button in the console that gets the latest list of
plugin sites will always download a current list.  So both future and
past Geronimo releases will tap into the "latest" repo list.

As a side note, it's possible that the lists will be different for
1.1, 1.2, 2.0, etc. -- that we'll have separate plugin repositories
for each major release of Geronimo just to reduce the "clutter" of
trying to combine them.  I suspect that major releases of Geronimo
will introduce enough change (e.g. in the classes serialized as part
of a module) that plugins will at least need to be rebuilt between
major releases of Geronimo.  Still, we'll always be able to adjust the
repos listed in the "1.1 repo list" file.

Thanks,
    Aaron