geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Where did the 1.1 branch go?!?!
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:23:34 GMT
OK, so I see David Blevins has now created branches/1.1.1.  That still
wasn't what I expected.  I expect branches/1.1 to be the 1.1.x HEAD at
all times.  I don't expect us to continue to change it to
branches/1.1.1 branches/1.1.2 branches/1.1.3 etc.  That has the same
disadvantages I originally noted, namely that if you have pending work
in the branch that you decide not to check in until after a release
then you're kind of screwed, and you have to re-check out the branch
after every dot release, and so on.  I'm thinking more like

HEAD-----------------
  `branches/1.1
      `tags/1.1.0
      `tags/1.1.1
      `tags/1.1.2
  `branches/1.2
      `tags/1.2.0
      `tags/1.2.1
      `tags/1.2.2
  `branches/1.3
  `branches/2.0
      `tags/2.0.0
      `tags/2.0.1
      `tags/2.0.2

Is that not what others are planning on?

Does anyone mind if I move branches/1.1.1 back to branches/1.1?

Thanks,
    Aaron