geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Plugin Enhancements
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:17:47 GMT
> So this could be currently done independent of project structure?

I'm not sure what you mean.  One issue is that this ("API approach")
only works if the server is running (at least j2ee-system and
rmi-naming), because you do it through the PluginInstaller which
relies on repositories, an artifact resolver, a thread pool, etc.  But
if that's not a problem, then the functionality described below works
against the contents of the module directory in the repository.  So if
there's a repository that the module is installed to, you can edit the
plugin metadata in that directory and then export a CAR from it.

Can you explain the project structure issue more?  I'm not too
familiar with Eclipse, I'm afraid.

Thanks,
    Aaron