geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: RELEASE-NOTES-1.1
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:42:20 GMT
On 6/13/06, Lin Sun <linsun.unc@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to learn what the in-place deployment mean and how to use it.
> My understanding was that users can update the hot deploy files (for
> example, update one jsp file) in the Geronimo_home\deploy directory and
> server will redeploy the change automatically.   This was not working in
> 1.0, as users need to replace the entire directory in the
> Geronimo_home\deploy directory.

That should be true in both 1.0 and 1.1 (if not, I guess it's a bug).

But in 1.1, there is a separate option, which is to not copy your
files to the hot deploy directory at all, but instead use the deploy
tool with a special option to enable an in-place deployment.  This
means that instead of copying your files into the server directory at
all, it will deploy and access them from wherever they currently are.

Thanks,
    Aaron