geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: 1.1-rc1 Now Available
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:57:15 GMT
On 6/12/06, Dave Colasurdo <davecola@earthlink.net> wrote:
> It seems the out of box use of plugins in the admin console is
> erroneously creating url links to install the "welcome app" and "admin
> console" plugins.  They are already installed and started in the j2ee
> distribution.

Hmm.  That's probably because the plugin versions are 1.1-SNAPSHOT
while the installed versions are 1.1.  Since there's a version
difference, it lets you install them.

I think the best path is to release 1.1, update the plugins to have
version 1.1, and then split all the applications off from Geronimo and
version them separately from the server itself.  That will also help
resolve the issue Alan and Dain were recently debating in another
thread.

Thanks,
    Aaron