geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Plugin Update
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:49:20 GMT
Looks like plugins are in pretty good shape for 1.1.  I was actually
able to do a little better than I thought (thanks to some David Jencks
debugging assistance!).

I'm working on a sample that shows:

 - product integration

 - deployment of custom module types
   - caveat: can't redeploy conveniently when deployment plan packaged in module

 - installation of a plugin-specific screen into the console
   - caveat: user must hit a special URL to cause the console to
reload its settings

After that, it would be nice to try security, transaction, and JNDI
integration, so the plugin code can have a java:comp/env reference to
a DB pool or EJB, etc.  I'm not sure whether those will work or not,
but it would be cool if they did.

Thanks,
    Aaron