geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Frustrations of a Release Manager
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 23:22:12 GMT
> Sounds good.  Can you put together a time table representation of
> this idea?  It would help me understand the nuances.

Hypothentically speaking, here's a 3.5-month schedule for 1.2:

June 12: 1.1 released
   - select release manager for 1.2
   - set goals for 1.2
July 1: 1.2-M1 released
July 21: 1.2-M2 released
August 14: 1.2-beta1 released
Sep 1: 1.2-beta2 released, no new features
Sep 14: 1.2-rc1 released, no non-critical bugs
   - 1.3-SNAPSHOT branch created
Sep 21: 1.2-rc2 released
Sep 27: vote on 1.2-rc2 as 1.2
Oct 1: release 1.2

Though perhaps we could move the feature/bug freezes down one release.
 And, of course, if a lot of problems were discovered in, say, 1.2-rc1
then perhaps we'd introduce an extra 1-2 week rc into the plan.  What
do you think?

Thanks,
    Aaron