geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Frustrations of a Release Manager
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 21:01:23 GMT
On 6/9/06, Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/9/06, Jeff Genender <jgenender@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > No Bruce, thats not it at all.  Its simply discussing what he was going
> > to do.  This all comes back to the lack of communication issue.
>
> So you would have preferred that he send an email to the list
> explaining the work he was doing on the code?

But... there was no work on the code.  All I did was add
configs/src/plan/geronimo-plugin.xml to the 4 directory-related
configs (directory, ldap-realm, ldap-demo-jetty and ldap-demo-tomcat).
 And then put the CAR files on the plugin site so instead of requiring
someone to manually locate the various module files and deployment
plans and 20 prerequisite JARs and apply them all in the correct
order, you can click through the console (or deploy tool) and it does
the heavy lifting for you.

I guess I fixed a bug in the POM too where ldap-realm didn't depend on
directory, or something like that.

Thanks,
    Aaron