geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Directory module broken in 1.1
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:25:02 GMT
I just tried installing and starting the Directory module and I get this:

17:18:15,580 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="geronimo/directory/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car?configurationName=geronimo/directory/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car"
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: New GBeans
must be specified with a GBeanInfo and a full AbstractName
configuration=geronimo/directory/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car
gbeanName=geronimo.server:name=DirectoryService
        at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.applyOverrides(LocalAttributeManager.java:140)
        at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b20ef545.invoke(<generated>)

It seems to be caused by this entry in
assemblies/j2ee-jetty-server/src/var/config/config.xml:

    <module name="geronimo/directory/${pom.currentVersion}/car" load="false">
        <gbean name="geronimo.server:name=DirectoryService">
            <attribute name="host">${PlanServerHostname}</attribute>
            <attribute name="port">${PlanLdapPort}</attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

I think we should remove this from the config.xml in 1.1 and put it
into the directory plugin instead (sans load=false).  Still, the main
question is, what is the correct GBean name of the DirectoryService?
It looks like it should just be name="DirectoryService" to me.  Any
comments?

Thanks,
    Aaron