geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Maven Repo Woes - Temporary resolution in place
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:14:57 GMT
This sounds good as far as it goes.  But we still have 5 single points
of failure in our build.  I would rather set up a site or zone to host
everything Geronimo needs, point all our builds to that only, and have
it create nightly packages of all the dependencies in the Maven repo
so a first-time user can download everything in one shot.

It will also help to get off Maven 1, but I think the steps above are
needed to avoid driving first-time developers away.

Thanks,
    Aaron

> All,
>
> I spent a couple of hours working with the Infra structure team on the build problems
we've been
> experiencing.  They were really helpful in isolating the problem and effecting a solution.
 Joes2
> (IRC handle on #asfinfra) was the main contact point.
>
> The problem is that people.apache.org has a limit of 10 concurrent connections on it.
 The
> expectation was that Maven would only be using a single connection but that appears to
not be the
> case.  The Infrastructure team has temporarily lifted the restriction while the Maven
team looks
> into the issue.
>
> For our part I tested a full build with a clean repo and it only failed once (and that
was an
> ibiblio problem).  At this point I think we should have smoother sailing.
>
> Next time you see an Infra guy/gal buy them a beer or two.  They're awesome to work with.
 From the