geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <jason.dil...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Maven Repo
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 19:46:00 GMT
I believe this is key for maven to be successful and reliable for geronimo builds.

+1

--jason

-----Original Message-----
From: "Aaron Mulder" <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:59:07
To:"Geronimo Dev" <dev@geronimo.apache.org>
Subject: Geronimo Maven Repo

Is there interest in setting up a Geronimo Maven repo (to avoid load
and outages affecting the other Maven sites)?  Is there someone who
would take charge of maintaining it (that is, making sure release we
need from Codehaus, ibiblio, etc. are copied to the Geronimo repo, and
perhaps creating nightly download packages to grab everything in one
shot)?

There are cheap (< $20/month) hosting plans that allow e.g. 250-1500
GB transfer per month.  I'm not sure how the performance is, and I'm
not sure how much transfer we'd actually use, but it might be worth a
try.  I'll cover the cost if someone else will actually run it.

Thanks,
    Aaron