geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: Life After 1.1 - starting the new branch for 1.1.1 - some logistics and your input requested.
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:20:07 GMT
> I think your right if nothing needs to change.  IIUC there is a
> general preference for tags being pristine with no modifications.

Generally I agree with this.

> So, if a release can go from being worked to a good release then
> the Maven system is great.  I think the reality is that there will
> generally be the time required to wait for a release to bake.  If
> changes are needed then they either need to be applied to the
> tagged version or copied and re-tagged (which IMHO is really
> undesireable).

What kind of release backing are we talking about?

> I think the idea of no changes to tags makes sense.  If Maven could
> handle the process and take into account the timing and possible re-
> work that would be awesome.  Right now the 1.1.0 release has been
> there for the better part of two weeks.  I don't think we want to
> stall development like this in the future.

Agreed.  Maven should be able to help... m2 that is, not sure about
m1.  I'm going to experiment with a GShell release, but from what I
understand, the release plugin should automate most of the details.

We'll see.

View raw message