geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Request change to RTC Process
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 19:57:26 GMT
On Jun 17, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>> On 6/17/06, Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@golux.com> wrote:
>>> If that means things languish for weeks or months, then
>>> that's what it means.
>>
>> I don't think this is a good idea.
>
> RTC means tested quality, not assumed quality.  If you
> can't find people to test the quality of something, it
> doesn't go in because the quality isn't assured.

Ken, I think you have a faulty assumption that this project cares
about what you call "tested quality".  I for one am fine with changes
that haven't been tested to the level you are demanding from this
project.  Personally, I'd like to see less perfect software that
people want to use, other than perfect software that is so
functionally incomplete that no one will uses it.

If the community agrees with me, is there anything we can do to
change your process or are we just stuck with it?

-dain