geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Where did the 1.1 branch go?!?!
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:03:13 GMT

On Jun 15, 2006, at 11:48 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
>> David Jencks wrote:
>>> -0.5 to copying branches/1.1 to branches/1.1.x and then copying
>>> or moving to tags/1.1.x  Since ONLY BUG FIXES can possibly be
>>> added to branches/1.1, this should not cause problems.  The
>>> release manager gets say over what goes into a release, they can
>>> revert changes they don't want in the release.  I think the copy
>>> to branches/1.1.x just adds steps for no gain.
>> I would upgrade this to a -1 on my part.
>
> Think you're getting kind of nit-picky on what you think is easiest
> for a release manager to do.  I'd rather see us simply agree on
> what the end result should be.
>
> IMHO, if a release manager wants to copy into a temp location while
> they finalize the release (which can take days) to remove the risk
> of having to roll back accidental changes, that's fine.

Actually, now that i think about it there is one more reason other
than preference that I like making a branches/1.1.0 for release
finalization.

  -- branches/1.1 will never have geronimo_version=1.1 and people
(including continuum) won't have fake 1.1 final jars in their repos.

Better to just :
1.    cp branches/1.1 to branches/1.1.0
2.    in branches/1.1.0
2.1   geronimo_version=1.1-SNAPSHOT -> geronimo_version=1.1
2.2   update plugin version numbers
3.    in branches/1.1
3.1   geronimo_version=1.1-SNAPSHOT -> geronimo_version=1.1.1-SNAPSHOT
3.2   update plugin version numbers

-David