geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [RTC] : Migrate remote-deploy to m2: PLEASE VOTE
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 06:08:51 GMT
OK OK I should have pointed out that I applied the patch after we got
to 3 +1's yesterday :-)

Thanks everyone for voting!  Now we're up to 6! (assuming I can count
that high :-) (and not meaning 6 factorial)

Guillaume mentioned yesterday:

Btw, would it be easier for the m2 migration, to create a branch,
where the RTC would not apply, and then merge all in trunk ?
I guess this could also apply to some features that requires a
significant number of patches...

For the m2 stuff, I don't think that would help, but rather create a
lot of extra work to sync the branches.  I don't think there's a lot
more to commit that will require RTC.  There are a couple more
plugins, one being voted on and the other not yet written IIUC.
Pretty much everything else is going to be bug fixes to get things to
work together.

I think we don't have enough experience with RTC yet to judge what
needs to be developed in a sandbox branch and what can be better done
directly on trunk.  Both seem to have problems to me: work done in
the sandbox is not so likely to get as much scrutiny as a bunch of
patches applied to trunk, and keeping the sandboxes in sync with
trunk changes could be tricky.  That's sort of what we did with 1.1,
and now we have a big merge problem to resurrect the original 1.2
work.  Again, I think we need to try RTC longer before we all rush
off to private sandboxes :-)

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 14, 2006, at 10:53 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> +1
>
> On 6/14/06, Jeff Genender <jgenender@apache.org> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> Hiram Chirino wrote: