geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] 1.1-rc1 Now Available
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 06:41:53 GMT

I think that we may need to recut the release due to http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2108

Apparently I forgot to convert message-destination elements in
geronimo plans to the naming namespace and as a consequence it is
impossible to use them in web plans.  Aside from rewriting your spec
dds to not use message-destination or renaming stuff to auto-resolve
I don't know of a workaround.

I think I've fixed the issue but want to think if there are any more
cases before I close it.

My apologies,

thanks
david jencks

> [...]
>>
>> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>> Over the past few days the outstanding issues that were raised about
>>> the first candidate have been addressed.
>>>
>>> They were that we were missing the LICENSE.txt as well as Notices
>>> from
>>> the distribution.  I added them.  Guillaume also pointed out that he
>>> noted that there should be a Third Party Notices.  This was not
>>> included in the original 1.0 or previous distributions so I did not
>>> follow it up.  Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Also, the 1.0 release notes were removed and updated the thread
>>> started by Hernan.  The Wiki has been updated and the wiki was the
>>> source used to create the RELEASE-NOTES-1.1.txt file you will
>>> find in
>>> the build.
>>>
>>> To avoid issues with the version number and the plugins I used rc1
>>> which Aaron had added in the plugins for supported versions so I
>>> trust
>>> that works here.
>>>
>>> JSisson addressed the problem with not being able to run Geronimo
>>> under CygWin and Kevan worked with Aaron to address a new deployment
>>> problem that left partially deployed artifacts in the repository.
>>>
>>> I have taken this build and run some performance tests on it and we
>>> are significantly better in 1.1 than we were in 1.0.  We have a
>>> lot of
>>> improvement left for CMP EJBs.  It appears that the performance
>>> improvements in the EJB tier has changed a race condition when
>>> running
>>> under DB2.  I'm afraid that the only way to address the problem
>>> is to
>>> add a new feature to TranQL and OEJB that allow for the
>>> specification
>>> of Isolation Levels for individual beans.  This is a relatively
>>> simple
>>> change but the build as it stands is specification compliant.  I
>>> would
>>> prefer to let this release go forward since CMP 2.1 EJBs are not
>>> nearly as common as the other J2EE components.  I would like to
>>> address this in 1.1.1 however I don't think we've locked down
>>> whether
>>> that would be allowed or not.  The change would affect TranQL and
>>> OpenEJB so they are really included components so I'd be
>>> interested in
>>> people's feedback.
>>>
>>> So please accept a named RC1.  Your voting and feedback are for:
>>>
>>> Geronimo 1.1
>>> DayTrader 1.1
>>> Specs 1.1
>>>
>>> The vote will stand for 72 hours.  Issues raised will be
>>> discussed and
>>> if we conclude that there is a bug that must be addressed then we
>>> will
>>> mitigate the problem and respin a new rc for a 72 hour vote.
>>>
>>> If this is accepted all three of the above components will be
>>> released
>>> simultaneously.
>>>
>>> Here are the builds for your review and comment:

>>> rc1.tar.gz
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-
>>> rc1.zip
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/rc1/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-