geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote: RTC] needed for eclipse plugin
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:23:45 GMT
It seems that there are now +1's from 3 committers for this change.
Although I also support the change (once copyrights are corected), I
cannot offer a +1. Apologies for being a pedant, but to my knowledge
the current RTC "rules" we are living under are:

   'I have applied this patch and tested it and found it good'

I'm pretty sure that there's only one person who has done this and
his name is Sachin. Although it's likely that I could apply the patch
and build devtools, I wouldn't know how to integrate and test the
change.

I think many of us feel that the requirement to apply and test a
patch is too restrictive and cumbersome -- especially in smaller
subprojects such as devtools and daytrader. Rather than ignoring this
directive, let's get the process changed or at least start a
discussion... I'll start a thread.

--kevan