geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geronimo javamail and James (Was: [RTC] Removal of the javamail-transport code.)
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:54:54 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Rick McGuire wrote:
>> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

>>> 1) Maybe not as stable.  What features do you think are missing?
>> The version that shipped with Geronimo 1.0 was missing a lot of
>> features (threw unimplemented exceptions, etc.) as well as out right
>> buggy in places.  The version that just shipped with 1.1 should be
>> complete (the APIs anyway).   The version shipping with 1.1 only
>> supports SMTP.  However, the newly created javamail component
>> (separate build tree) supports POP3, NNTP, and NNTP-POST.  IMAP is in
>> the works.
>
> So this build tree, do you mean trunk?

There are multiple pieces to the javamail support.  The first piece is
the specs, which is in the specs build tree.  In Geronimo 1.1, the SMTP
provider that went with this was a module in Geronimo
(javamail-transport).  A couple weeks ago, I created a new javamail
repository that contains all of the providers.  This project also builds
an uber-jar that contains the specs and the providers.  The source for
this is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail/trunk

One of the javamail changes I recently submitted for [RTC] review will
remove the javamail-transport module from the Geronimo code tree, and
replace it with a dependency on the javamail-providers jar file.

Rick