geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: build err: NoSuchMethodError in ProfileManager.loadSettin
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:46:25 GMT
John,

Thanks for getting involved.  Currently trunk is in the process of transitioning from maven
maven 2.  As a consequence maven 2 may not yield the best result.

I believe at this point you can build with Maven 1 if you desire.

If you are looking to give Geronimo a test drive you can checkout the latest released version

(earlier this week) at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/tags/1.1.0 and build this
with Maven
1 with no issues.

Does this help ?

John Hogan wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm new to geronimo and am trying to build the sources in windows.  I've  downloaded
the latest trunk code, installed maven and have the  correct jsdk.  When running the build
with "mvn", I get the error  shown below.  Anyone now what's causing this?  TIA

> JohnH
>

> C:\_projects\SH\src>mvn [INFO]  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR [INFO]  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]  org.apache.maven.profiles.ProfileManager.loadSettingsProfiles(Lorg/apache /maven/settings/Settings;)V
[INFO]  ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:  org.apache.maven.profiles.ProfileManager.loadSettin gsProfiles(Lorg/apache/maven/settings/Settings;)V
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:273)          at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)          at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)          at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)          at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)          at  org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
          at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375) [INFO]  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second [INFO] Finished at: Mon Jan 17 19:28:46 EST 2000 [INFO] Final