geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <>
Subject Re: Lets start moving to m2
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:00:05 GMT
I'm not currently working in trunk so it doesn't really matter to me but I think to not disrupt
users and potential developers it would be nice to simply say we've switched to maven 2 and
break them if they are being productive on Maven 1.  Is there something about Maven 1 that
impeding the conversion?  Or is the disruption to generate a sense of urgency?

Jason Dillon wrote:
> I think that removing the m1 files is a good idea, as it will help force
> us to get m2 to build... which really should not take that long to get
> functional 100% of the time.
> --jason
> On Jun 26, 2006, at 9:19 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>>> Well, don't get it annoying, but I still don't understand it. Let's
>>> pretend we've named the m1 build obsolete, what's next? Shall we call
>>> a vote? If it passes, what would be the next steps? If you removed the
>>> top-level build.xml I'd know what it'd mean, but now I don't get it.
>> Yes, we call a vote then remove the project.xml/
>> files.  build.xml is for Ant; I don't think we use that.
>> Regards,
>> Alan

View raw message