geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:21:23 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> I think that the bulk of what is in http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/
> should move to http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/
>
> I think that the KB space is really for stuff that does not fit well
> into other spaces (like docNN or geronimo), or stuff that is FAQ-like.

That was the original idea behind GMOxSBOX

> It looks like the moin content is current a mix of docNN, FAQ and
> project information.
>
> I also think that we could probably merge GMOxPMGT into the geronimo
> space, but that is just a thought.

Merging one space into another is way much easier than spliting a space in two. I would keep
spaces
separated for now and then evaluate the benefit of merging. That goes for merging content
directly
into the plain geronimo space.

> IMO, the important thing is to get the content into Confluence and  out
> of moin.  Maybe start by adding them to the sandbox just to get  them
> into the system, and then we can move stuff around from there.

That's the plan

> Did you ever peek at those moin importers?

I'm looking at migration alternatives right now.

Can we make an export of the Geronimo "space" in Moin Moin? I don't know how to do it. If
I can get
a copy of the wiki I'll be doing the migration tools testing on my machine.

Cheers!
Hernan