geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update on Quartz plugin, Plugin features
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:15:40 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> I was not swayed by the arguments against letting people deploy Quartz
> jobs as GBeans.  However, I agree that it's not appropriate for every
> case.  When I document this plugin, I plan to list the use cases I'm
> going for and the ones I'm not.

I don't think people had issues with deploying Jobs as Gbeans as an
*add-on* to allowing a scheduled implementation as part of a deployment.
 However, making the GBean references a requirement and thus replacing
the actual Quartz API for using jobs was the issue at hand...at least
that was my issue...the last thing we need is (YAA) "Yet Another Api".
If that is not the issue, then I have no problems at all with it.