geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Life After 1.1 - starting the new branch for 1.1.1 - some logistics and your input requested.
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:50:52 GMT
I think your right if nothing needs to change.  IIUC there is a general preference for tags
being
pristine with no modifications.  So, if a release can go from being worked to a good release
then
the Maven system is great.  I think the reality is that there will generally be the time required
wait for a release to bake.  If changes are needed then they either need to be applied to
the tagged
version or copied and re-tagged (which IMHO is really undesireable).

I think the idea of no changes to tags makes sense.  If Maven could handle the process and
take into
account the timing and possible re-work that would be awesome.  Right now the 1.1.0 release
has been
there for the better part of two weeks.  I don't think we want to stall development like this
in the
future.

If there is a way to address this with m2  that would be great.