geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Life After 1.1 - starting the new branch for 1.1.1 - some logistics and your input requested.
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:14:54 GMT
After the branches/1.1 was moved to tags there was some question as to what happened to the
1.1
branch.  At that time some kind soul created a new branches/1.1.1.  No activity has occurred
in that
branch and given that we'll need to define the release goals of 1.1.1 soon I'd like to propose
the
following.

After 1.1 is released:

* Delete branches/1.1.1
* Move branches/1.1.0 to tags/1.1.0
* Copy tags/1.1.0 to branches/1.1.1
* Update branches 1.1.1 to be 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT
* Start working on 1.1.1

When 1.1.1 enters time for release

* Move branches/1.1.1 to branches/1.1.1.0
* Change version from 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT to 1.1.1
* Create release candidate rc1
* put out for a vote
* get a successful vote with no respins :)
* move from branches/1.1.1.0 to tags/1.1.1.0

Based on all the confusion in the past I think this procedure makes it clear what phase were
in for
the release as well as avoids tagging and branching repeatedly.

I'm looking for lazy consensus and not a formal vote.

Matt