geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 1.1, DayTrader 1.1 and Specs 1.1 Final-2 Vote
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:05:14 GMT
Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> The corrections applied due to license files are first in this list.
> Thanks to John for dogging this.
>
> The distributions and builds were not affected.  Based on previous
> feedback the vote continues. Thanks for your feedback.
>

> *Geronimo 1.1 Version*
>    *Source*
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final-2.1_src.tar.gz
>

> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final-2.1_src.zip
>

> John noted that the source zip had a META-INF.  I've created a script
> to use in the future because with so many changes forgetting to use
> zip and typing jar is not acceptable. Also, note that the build itself
> has the LICENSE and NOTICES in two different places.  The are located
> in modules/scripts/src/main/resources/ which put the right files in
> the distributions however they werenot correctly specified for source
> as the LICENSE and NOTICES are part of the source tree. After this
> release we need to address this issue so as to avoid manual problems
> like this.
Thanks for creating the script, it will be helpful to others who may
build releases in the future.

>    *DayTrader 1.1 Version*
>      *Source*
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader_src-1.1-final-2.1.tar.gz
>

> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader_src-1.1-final-2.1.zip
>

> Corrected LICENSE and NOTICES files.   Use zip rather than jar to
> create zip.
>
>      *Ear*
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader-ear-1.1-final-2.1.ear
>

> Corrected LICENSE and NOTICE files in ear.
>
> John, whats the correct command to set the properties?  Or, would you
> like to address these?

FYI.. The svn propset command is used to set the properties.  If you
need to set properties on a single existing file, look at the commands
for the appropriate file extension that are used in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/gbuild/trunk/svnpropset.sh

I noticed there are a few files in daytrader without the correct
properties (e.g. pom.xml and README.jboss).  I can fix this up after the
release is out if you like, but I will have to do it to the DT trunk and
branches so there aren't problems merging changes.   What are the  plans
for the m2standard branch in Daytrader?

Thanks,

John