geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 1.1, DayTrader 1.1 and Specs 1.1 Final-2 Vote
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:39:54 GMT
-1 - There are some licensing and packaging issues.  See in-line
comments below.

Regards,
John

David Blevins wrote:
> +1
>
> On Jun 19, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> Here are the latest binaries built from
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/branches/1.1.0,
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/1_1 and
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/branches/1.1.0.
>>
>> I believe this will start a new vote for this binary.  All issues
>> that I'm aware of have been addressed that needed to be for this
>> release.  RELEASE-NOTES-1.1.txt were updated with issues that will be
>> addressed in 1.1.1.
>>
>> *Previous Votes are invalidated...please re-vote*
>>
>> The console has been updated to reflect issues related to bad links.
>>
>> Consensus appears to favor defering the LICENSE issue in the console
>> to 1.1.1 as the correct LICENSE and NOTICES files are included in the
>> builds.
>>
>> DayTrader sources are included with updated README to instruct the
>> user how to build and install DayTrader on Geronimo.
>>
>> Please cast your votes and remember that only PMC member votes are
>> binding.  However, I am confident that commiter votes will help to
>> inform the PMC of the quality of this release candidate.
>>
>> Thanks to all that have been checking this out.  John Sisson
>> especially has been burning the midnight oil and finding the
>> remaining issues that have helped to improve the quality of this
>> release.
>>
>> *Geronimo 1.1 Version*
>>
>>    *Source*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final-2_src.tar.gz
>>

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final-2_src.zip

Source zip still has META-INF folder at top level. (the specs jar is
ok)  LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt don't have the licensing changes that
were made recently.

Maybe you zipped from the wrong place?
>>    *Full J2EE Jetty Version*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final-2.tar.gz

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final-2.zip

>>    *Minimal Jetty Version*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final-2.tar.gz

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final-2.zip

>>    *Full Tomcat Version*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final-2.tar.gz

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final-2.zip

>>    *Minimal Tomcat Version*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final-2.tar.gz

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final-2.zip

>>    *Geronimo 1.1 Spec Jars*
>>      *Source*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs_src-1.1-final-2.tar.gz

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs_src-1.1-final-2.zip

>>      *Binaries*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs-1.1-final-2.tar.gz

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs-1.1-final-2.zip

>> *DayTrader 1.1 Version*
>>   *Source*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader_src-1.1-final-2.tar.gz
>>

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader_src-1.1-final-2.zip

DayTrader Source file doesn't contain both the LICENSE.txt and
NOTICE.txt files. See the specs src for an example of what it should
contain.

See
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain
and the section "Is a NOTICE File Required For Pure ASF Code?" in
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#license

>>   *Ear*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader-ear-1.1-final-2.ear
>>
>>      Note: to build Geronimo the above ear needs to be placed into
>> your repo as
>>            $MAVEN_HOME/repository/geronimo/ears/daytrader-ear-1.1.ear

DayTrader ear only contains the LICENSE file.  It needs a NOTICE file
according to the rules mentioned above.

Would be preferable if they had a ".txt" extension (with the appropriate
svn properties) to be consistent with Geronimo.