geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <>
Subject Re: Do we need a Plugin Repo at the ASF ?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:58:40 GMT

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>> If others feel that it needs to be at Apache *AND* are willing to set
>> it up then this is the time to speak up.
> If 'it' is singular, then having 'it' hosted at Apache means
> only Apache-licensed plugins can go into it.  No GPL or
> LGPL or others..
> Based on that I think sticking with 'it' being
> (although .org might be/have been better) makes sense.  When
> the Geronimo project has a significant number -- like, say, a
> dozen or so -- then having an ASF repo for them might be worth
> revisiting.

I'm of the same mind that we don't have enough content to warrant the churn to create the
at Apache now.

I think there are lots of good ideas but Aaron did create the code and make it work so I'll
give him
credit for that effort.  The point of this thread is to identify people that want to work
on the
plugin repo at Apache and I don't think we've found them yet :)

> For now let's stick with -- but make sure
> the code can handle a *list* of repositories.
> - --
> #ken	P-)}
> "Millennium hand and shrimp!"
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -
> iQCVAwUBRJKE0ZrNPMCpn3XdAQJnzwP/SaS+1r994T8VJ6VvGD+deCod/GCZs8b5
> +6MfKXvjgPqg6dRPKfvrGn8UblnhT0WL+/0kZH1+230/fWmM5ngMLCIS3c/cxvmP
> 8M53v2UD6JPtLfyos6wgOc9bLe5JKGSbqRJms8TAIXBiX+csjC1huHqfitRyvgp/
> DdtgCZFEIzw=
> =01nm

View raw message