geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we need a Plugin Repo at the ASF ?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:58:38 GMT
Could we outline what "features" we have today that we may potentially want to take out and
provide
as a separate plugin as well as those features that we may provide directly as plugins?

I think we should still host the default plugin site at the ASF. By hosting the plugin site
we would
not only be providing plugins (under ASL) but also a working sample site, it should be well

documented, so users interested in building their own plugin site have a place to start.

I also think it would be easier for developers to donate/contribute new plugins if everything

(Geronimo and plugins) is under the same license.

It would be cool if we could have defined for the next release what features will be available
as
plugins.

Cheers!
Hernan