geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Do we need a Plugin Repo at the ASF ?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:50:11 GMT
I moved the plugin discussion to a separate thread so w can close on this issue.

I think there are two issues regarding the plugins that have stirred the pot.  The first was
concern
over lack of communication about the plugins and I think that issue has been adequately covered
and
there is no need to rehash it here.

The other is do we need to have plugins hosted at Apache for Geronimo.  I think there is a

difference in opinion on this issue so perhaps we can settle that here.

IMHO it would be nice to have and makes perfect sense but at this time I'm only aware of the
samples
and Directory that would likely be hosted there.  Perhaps DayTrader as well.  So, yes it would
be nice.

However, there needs to be some infrastructure put in place to support it and since we've
spent a
lot of time saying we should have it let's put up or let this rest.

I for one am not that interested in setting up the "Apache Geronimo Plugins" section on our
website
if there are only two or three things to be hosted there.  Given that situation I'm fine to
let
Aaron host them on his geronimoplugins.com.  If there is a need in the future then we can
revisit
the issue.

If others feel that it needs to be at Apache *AND* are willing to set it up then this is the
time to
speak up.  If there are no takers then let's leave them at geronimoplugins.com and let this

discussion rest.

Any volunteers?  If no one signs up in 72 hours I think we can leave this alone.

Matt