geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where did the 1.1 branch go?!?!
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:58:27 GMT
I have to say, that Aaron's view of SVN usage (keeping branches/1.1
around for all 1.1.x releases) makes a lot more sense to me than forcing
people to switch to new branch names...

We should have made a branches/1.1.0 copy from 1.1 , which could then be
moved to Tags once the voting is done.  If a major bug needed fixing due
to a -1, then you fix it in branches/1.1.0 and branches/1.1, respin the
1.1.0 build, revote and then move it to Tags.  That would let people
continue working on branches/1.1 with known items that should go into
1.1.1 and gives you a way to fix any last minute 1.1.0 release bugs if
needed....

-Donald