geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts about what a release is
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:53:09 GMT
Aren't the configuration plans (CARs) already an implementation of that
idea?

Matt, are you suggesting something like we group a Config/Plugin and its
module dependencies into a separate subproject that will be built with
its own version number, like say a geronimo-axis subproject that
includes the axis and axis-deployer modules into a single config/CAR
that could be used to add everything needed for Axis to a server
assembly?  If so, then that makes more sense than having independent
version numbers for every module and config we build....

Also, wouldn't this idea require that we update all of the modules and
configs as part of 1.2 to not use specific dependency versions?

-Donald