geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Frustrations of a Release Manager
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 03:21:55 GMT
I started this thread and at this point I think it has outlived its usefulness.

Aaron, I for one would like to say that my frustration that started the monster was fueled
by about
3 hours sleep and the right combination of responses on the thread.  I can't say the frustrations

weren't real as they were but I think the thread has gotten off track.

You are not an evil immoral person.  You're a smart and creative developer that I imagine
is more
focused on doing than perhaps taking other things into consideration.  I forget to shave,
I have
lapses in judgement and I imagine there are those that can say I use colourful language that
is not
normally part of my vocabulary.  Am I evil and immoral, no (at least I hope not).

At this point I'd like us all to walk away from the thread with some food for thought and
some
changes in the way we interact.  Could I have been more pedantic on dates for the release?

Administration was not one of the gifts I received.  Could you have communicated the geronimoplugins

thing earlier and solicited feedback; sure.

I'll offer this olive branch if your willing.  Let's work together to get the couple of things
that
make sense for Apache as plugins setup on our site.  Let's fix the problem Dain so aptly pointed
out
that we are beating to death and could have solved 10 times.  I got some really good feedback
on the
plugins from a customer, er... hmmm..., a user, yeah that's it, a user :) that they thought
would
make it really useful to them.  I'll start a separate thread on that.

As the policeman said at the scene of the accident, "Ok folks, move along, there is nothing
to see
here anymore."

Matt