geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Creating Final 1.1 Release for Review and Vote - Please do not update branches/1.1
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:12:10 GMT
All I am in the process of cutting the final release for review and a vote.  Please do not
update
teh 1.1 branch.  Here is the process I'm following to complete these final stages.

1. Removing the 1.1 branch from my system and getting a fresh copy from svn.
2. Updating the Version numbers to 1.1 from 1.1-SNAPSHOT
3. Commiting the above changes
4. Doing an svn mv from branches/1.1 to tags/1.1.0
5. Completing all build activities from the tags.

If there is a significant issue that requires us to redo this again I'll move the tags back
branches, do our magic and repeat the above steps.  I trust that given the feedback on the
previous
RCs that we are ready to go.

Aaron appears to be the winner with the most JIRA's opened and closed for user problems :)

I will be posting the results of this build to people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final.

The archive names will have 1.1-final in the name *BUT* the internal directory structure is

geronimo-1.1 to be consistent with the released versions.  These are the jars, zips and archives
be released.

Look for your final release and get ready to vote tonight sometime ;-0