geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RELEASE-NOTES-1.1
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:32:22 GMT
Guess the exception output could be enhanced to include:
  - the module that failed to load (in case you were using the silent
output option which doesn't list the modules being loaded)
  - clear statement that the server will now be shutdown because of this
error
  - hint of how to fix the problem, like editing config.xml

Instead of the current output of -

 >Module 24/24 hello/1.1/war                      Exception in thread
"main" java.lang.AssertionError: Expected one match for pattern ".", but
got 0 matches
 >        at
 >org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.preprocessGBeanData(ConfigurationUtil.java:331)

I agree that you can't just automatically remove the offending
application, but maybe a configuration option to "continue on error"
would be useful while you are developing your app, so you can then
undeploy or redeploy the offending app...

-Donald