geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <classPath> && packaging plugin...
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 06:47:22 GMT

On Jun 30, 2006, at 9:31 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Can someone please explain what the following <classPath> bits are
> actually used for w/the packaging plugin...
>
> <snip>
>     <build>
>         <plugins>
>             <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>geronimo-packaging-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <extensions>true</extensions>
>                 <configuration>
>                    <classPath>../lib/geronimo-qname_1.1_spec-$
> {geronimoSpecQnameVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/geronimo-common-$
> {geronimoVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/geronimo-kernel-$
> {geronimoVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/geronimo-system-$
> {geronimoVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/geronimo-util-${geronimoVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/cglib-nodep-${cglibVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/commons-cli-${commonsCliVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/commons-logging-$
> {commonsLoggingVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/log4j-${log4jVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/mx4j-${mx4jVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/mx4j-remote-${mx4jVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/endorsed/xercesImpl-$
> {xercesVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/endorsed/xmlParserAPIs-$
> {xmlParserApisVersion}.jar \
>                         ../lib/xpp3-${xpp3Version}.jar \
>                         ../lib/xstream-${xstreamVersion}.jar \</
> classPath>
>
> <mainClass>org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine</
> mainClass>
>                 </configuration>
>             </plugin>
>         </plugins>
>     </build>
> </snip>

That sets the manifest classpath for the jar file being created.
This is needed at the moment because we don't have a repository
available until the first configuraiton (with a manifest classpath as
above, including the repository class) is started.  I think Dain has
some ideas on how to create a bootstrap repository so this manifest
classpath won't be needed or will be  a lot shorter.

> This comes across as very difficult to maintain.

As the principal maintainer over the last year or two, "you're
telling me!!?!?"

thanks
david jencks