geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject rc1 Status and Next Steps
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:44:30 GMT
All,

Good feedback on the release and each successive build we have less issues.

Based on the feedback from people I have taken the following actions:

1. Updated the builds (both 1.1 and trunk) to include the LICENSE.txt file for the server.

2. Modified and tested the Tomcat configuration in both branches/1.1 and trunk to enable logging.

There was an inconsistency between Jetty and Tomcat WRT to access logging; in Jetty it was
enabled
and in Tomcat it was not.  I have changed both to be enabled as I am unaware of any testing
on Jetty
to disable access logging.

3. An error in viewing access logs from the console.   This is a bug that needs to be addressed
but
is mitigated by number 2 above.

4. Remaining JIRA Issues
*Needs to be investigated*  _Paul or Aaron_ can you examine this issue and recommend a fix?
GERONIMO-2093	Console database pool always gets NPE on deploy

*I believe these are completed...need review* _Assignees include DJencks, AMMulder, JGenender,
Dain_
GERONIMO-1924	Need to register the tomcat jndi url handler somehow
GERONIMO-1865	Add ability to restart and reload configurations
GERONIMO-1874	synthetic ears should allow use of modules outside the g repository
GERONIMO-1781	FileSystemRepository not able to handle entry with version number which is a
single digit

*Need Status*  _I believe this will be deferred.  Hiram will need to comment_
GERONIMO-1451	A new TCP listener for ActiveMQ is not persisting across server startups

5. We are waiting for the remaining ActiveMQ SNAPSHOT (3.2.4) to be released.  Hiram indicted
he
would look after this today.

6. Third Party Licenses.  This needs to be reviewed and the appropriate licenses compiled.

Volunteers?  We did not have one in the 1.0 stream so I'd like clarification if this is a

requirement or something that can be deferred.

I will be travelling today so I will address these issues tonight and cut a final RC tonight

assuming all the above issues are resolved.

I have moved 49 JIRAs into 1.1.1 that I plan to address and respin a 1.1.1 within 3 weeks.
 Schedule
to be determined.

Thanks for everyone's help and feedback.  I believe once we have addressed the above we are
good to
go for 1.1.  It's been a long road to get here.  Only a few more inches and we're in the end
zone.

Matt